Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wave Farewell To My Beloved Summer Fruits

I have bid farewell to my Beloved Summer Fresh Fruits. It is quite a traumatic time in the world of Rita Lee. I often am heard wailing in the still hours of the night. Fruit consists of a mufussa sized part of my diet, with being as Rawist as I possibly can - 80-90% genuinely. The benefits of me eating Raw - well thats a whole nother blog post in itself. BUT my Summer Fruits are slowly fadddding away, to the other side of the world, growing on trees in the amazing tropics where they grow all year round (I think). A large number of Rawists live in Hawaii for that very reason.
SO, now my Raw Smoothies arn't nearly as amazing as they were in Summer. BUT thats where experimenting comes into the picture. Today my raw smoothie consisted of.


A Apple
A Peach
A Banana
A handful (or two) of Spinich
A handful of frozen berries
1 tsp of Cinnamon
andddddd
1 tsp of Coconut Oil (dont let the 'oil' mislead you, it is 'oil' that is hard as a rock in texture)

Absense makes the heart grow fonder so they say..........so look for me in the produce isle next summer, mangos, pineapples, coconuts and strawberries will be rolling off my trolley like no tomorrow. Mmmmm, I'm hummina hummina-ing at the thought of it.


Reet
Likes
Summer Fruits

No comments: