Sunday, March 22, 2009

Thumbs Up To Healthiness

So I joined the gym earlier this week - my body has gotton way to used to my daily Crosstrainer session that I do at home, and isn't reaping the benefits anymore, soooo it was time to join the gym to get more variety in cardio. I am VERY motivated by classes - so that is my main intention for joining - loud pumping music, fast intense movements to the beat, ahhh luvin it. (I will never do yoga or pilates, they would actually drive me absoloutely potty, farrr to slow for me)

So last night I went to Spin Class Intermediate - proud to say I spewed in my first class - paced it out of there like no tomorrow, just made it to the toilet - definitely a sign that I was pushing myself enough, yus! :) That wont happen for too long - just a shock to the body doing something different other than crosstrainer, and those Spin Class' are pretty ruthless, NOT as ruthless as the size of those Spin Bike SEATS though, fliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip....apparently your butt hardens up and you get used to it after a few weeks, for now it just feels like your sitting directly on two metal poles....so I'm looking forward to some butt hardening up-age, now, a day later, it still feels like I'm sitting on the seat. Nastyyyy.

Today though, woke up and went to Flex class, pretty much another name for Pump, so you've got your dumbells, ya bar and stepbox - again SOOOO much fun! Not as hard as I thought, but I still dont think I'll be able to walk tomorrow - I felt a muscle in each of my thighs POP after about the 3rd song - which was a kajillion lunges....ACTUALLY a kajillion...and sometimes you might be lucky enough to just go down for one, and up for one...then down for two, up for two...but every so often...you go down for one...then BOUNCE for 8...freeeek, that is hard....the burn in your thigh after 6 sets of that.....extreeeeeeme. I think I'm abit of a fan of workout pain....but that is the only pain I like. Gets me all adrenalined up. Big fan.

So I'm feeling pretty amazing now - Flex this morning, then I made a smoothie for breakfast when I got home....chucked apples, bananas, a peach, frozen berries, handfuls of spinich and whatever else in the blender, delish. Then a apple and Raw bun for lunch, and avo tea, I've just had a juice, straight from our juicer (smoothie without all the fibre) - consisting of a heap of apples, carrots, a peach, teency bit of fresh ginger, then a whole stack of brocelli - actually tastes AMAZING.

Seriously the benefits of eating good and exercising are mufussa sized. You think your healthy and well and feeling awesome, but you sooo dont know the difference or how crap your ACTUALLY feeling, till you give your body some real nutrient high kai - and add a hour or so of cardio to your daily routine every day. Then you experience what feeling/being healthy feels like.

Looking forward to my fitness levels increasing, it's definitely gonna take a while, all the big words.... perseverance, dedication...rara.....but I'll get there. Exciting...

Reet
Likes
Healthiness

No comments: