Monday, June 22, 2009

Dont Think Of A Pink Elephant

Tell me you didn't think of a Pink Elephant. If we tell ourselves not to think about something, in my case anyway, it ends up being the ONLY thing I think about. When I give myself restrictions in certain areas of my life, I usually wanna barge on through those restrictions and break em down so they dont exsist no more, usually ending up worse than what I was to begin with.......

So the area of my life relating to these things is...Kai. I've found last week I didn't do nearly as good in my Rawness as I did in my first two weeks. The first two weeks were transition weeks, so my mentality was kinda 'eat as much fruit and rawness as you can, but if you slip up its ok, and for the next two weeks, have maybe one cooked meal a day, rara'........so was wanting to do my best, but allowing myself the freedom in having whatever cooked I wanted, if i felt like it, but i did SO good - yea I still had a cooked meal most nights, but some nights I just didnt, cos I knew I could have it if i wanted to, my kinda 'want' for it wasn't really there, wasn't a big deal. BUT last week, cos I put the rule in place for 'no cooked' and 'all raw' and 'not allowed' and restrictions and 'dont dont dont', all I wanted was the very things I had told myself I wasn't 'allowed'.......SO this week, I'm getting the 'transitional' mentality back.

Tonight I bought a few packs of soup, so I'll have soup for dinner from now on, for something to defrost ma insides when I get home from work. Until I find a sweet recipe and have/make the time to make my OWN soup, which would be farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr more nutrient rich being homemade, yummmm. Winter is a toad. I love it, but in terms of wanting just nice warm carbilicious food, its a total toad. :) At work most mornings, for morning tea, the cook serves grilled cheese on toast, it looks so good - I just want to be the healthiest I can be ya know.

Last night at church, they said about looking after your body, looking after what God gave you and respecting it and treating it right so its at its peak to win the race. So I wanna play my part and try as often as I possibly can to only put real high quality food into my body. My taste buds are supa big fans of the crapppppp foods that have no benefits to our bodys at alllllllllllllllll, chocolate, lollies, cheese toasties, carbs carbs carbs, sugar sugar sugar...etc. And I'm sure God would be down with us enjoing them OCCASIONALLY, but eating it to the point where we're rugged and looking numpty and we're not healthy, we're lethargic and getting sicknessess due to eating unhealthy and poor exercise, running out of breath after basic everyday activities, obesity - I think he'd draw the line somewhere then zap you into a fruit shop/orchard. :) Right this second a thought came to me....If someone gave you this real cool present, then while they were there and overtime you just totally disrespected it, right in front of them sometimes, throwing it on the ground, walking on top of it, putting drinks on top of it, not moving mess away from it, so it gets destroyed and stained, not cleaning it, it would soon look pretty rugged and would take aLOT to get it back to its original 'just like new' state again, not only that, but your friend would be feeling pretttttty lame, since he gave you this AWESOME gift and you just treated it like crap with no respect at all. Isn't that the same with God giving us our bodies, like he's blessed us with them, so if we treat them like crap, he's gonna feel pretty guts about it and we're gonna suffer the consequences of not looking after our bodies, and we have no-one to blame but ourselves if we're eating fast food more than we eat fruit and veg, if we drink fizzy and coffee more than we drink water and if the most exercise we do each day is to the letterbox and back etc. So this is why I'm trying real hard to eat the best that I can, I just wanna look healthy and be real healthy too - cos when I was doing 2months of raw end of last year/beginning of this year, I have never felt so amazing in my whole life. I dunno, I'm still working it all out, I dont wanna be some freaky anal person about food, I've seen that and I hate that. I just want a healthy balance, eating consistently well, most of the time. A work in progress. :)

Reet Likes Self-discovery




No comments: