Friday, June 19, 2009

101 Things You Should Do Before Going To Heaven

So I had a visit to the Manna Store today! I could actually spend hours in that place - last time I went I DID spend hours in there...without realising - then came back to my car to find a friendly parking ticket from the generous parking warden I attempt to love so much. Today I wasn't able to spend hours because someone else was with me. I ended up walking away with about 5 cheap but AWESOME picture books for my neice....my fave was this book: (I've posted just a few of the pages on here - it's pretty cool, real easy for someone like my neice to understand what happened back then) :)...






Then the one book I bought for me, pictured below '101 Things You Should Do Before Going To Heaven'....I just wanna copy down what the opening intro page says.....I think it's one of the coolest intro's to a book I've read:

'If you are a Christian, you can look forward to a magnificent eternity in heaven and your arrival there will be an undescribable homecoming. A new beginning. A new body. A new intimacy with God. A new life - one without end. No more pain. No more tears. No more sun or moon, because God's own glory will provide enough light. Although God hasn't provided you with a crystal-clear picture of what your eternal home will be like, you can be sure it will exceed your wildest dreams. It will be what you heart has always longed for here on earth but could never quite touch. It will be paradise in every sense of the word. But you're not there yet.

You may take the journey home tonight, tomorrow, or years down the road. This book you hold in your hands, 101 Things You Should Do Before Going to Heaven, was written to help you prepare for your arrival in heaven by making the most of every day God has set aside for you here on earth. Take hold of the wonderful adventure God has planned for your life. And if you have not yet done so, take hold of His grace, forgiveness, and unfailing love. Then go out there and really live. There's a wild and wondeful world that's longing to catch a glimpse of God - and heaven - through you.'

Pretty cool aye! It's mainly the first bit I like, any talk about heaven is pretty much superior talk, love it. But yea, definitely one of the cooler intros, made me buy it anyway. :) I also really wanted this cross with Hebrews 11:1,6 on it, but so pricey. eek. When I start reading this book, I'll post ma fave of the 101 Things the authors suggest you should do, as I go. :)

Reet.Likes.Manna Store Books.

No comments: