Thursday, June 4, 2009

Day 2 and 3 - Raw


It is soooooooo cold aye - I'm sure this is the coldest winter we have had. WHICH makes raw quiiite hard, seeming as its all cold food if you dont have a dehydrator, or not too clued up on recipes, as yet.

Day 1 and 2 went really well - raw for the whole day -then a 'cooked' meal at night, although i dont even know the extent of its cooked-ness....it was just a cup of chilli con carne with tuna through it - was real good. :)

Today, Day 3, I resisted some serious urges - cakes, biscuits and crackers were offered to me - crazy the power food has over you aye, just the habits we have with reaching out and grabbing something when its offered to us, where as, if it had never been offered, we wouldn't have thought about it in the first place........we see, we want. SO, i managed to fight off those urges, and then grabbed some popcorn which I have never liked, but this hit the spot. I've just asked peeps on one of my trusty websites of Rawists about popcorn, and several of them have said popcorn was the last thing they ate, before going 100% Raw, so thats cool to know. Someone else mentioned that there was a cauliflower version of popcorn, where you cut it very finely then put it in a bag with some vege stock and spices, then stick it in the dehydrator, then munch on it from outta the bag............always something to try, if i can ever find a high quality dehydrator in NZ that doesn't cost the Earth - have a feeling i'm going to have to get one shipped over from Auzzie though. Eeeek....


BUT when I got home, there were hot chips, and I didn't resist those - before ya knew it, I had a bowl of them in my puku. Uncool, but still - although I say I'm going to be having one cooked meal a day, hot chips is definitely not that cooked meal I had in mind.

Because Raw isn't a DIET....I hate that word, and its just a lame word for a 'temporary' way of doing something, that once you get to your 'goal' you head back to your original way of eating, and lack of exercise to go BACK to what you were before you started on the DIET, then just repeat it again and again and again........ THAT is why RAW is not a diet.....defintiely a LIFESTYLE......so because a change in LIFESTYLE doesn't happen too quickly - changing the decades of routine, patterns and bad habits is going to take a while, involve alot of screw ups, alot of mistakes and lessons learnt, re-learning your strengths and weaknessess, and yea..........all that jazz - so hot chips tonight, not cool at all, BUT thats ok - they wern't even good - I would have much prefered a Essene (raw) bun, or a nori roll, but without a CAR still (Because mine was written off a month ago) i havn't been able to get my seaweed or other sweet goodness ingredients. AND I feel grose all heavy like and lazy, from eating those chips, so each time I eat something tragic like that, I'll learn more and more each time how RANK i feel after it, and that will hopefully help me for the next time to resist or choose a healthier option.


So Day 4 tomorrow, I know I'll be having a cooked meal tomorrow night, because its my good friend Camerons farewell partayyyy dinner at a restaurant (he's leaving for wellington, boooo). So lots of meat and veges. But thats ok, lots of fruit through the day, raw milkshake in the morning, if not that, then a green smoothie (bought 2bags of spinich and rocket last night for ma smoothies, yummm, mangoes and pineapple too, mmm mmmm), so it'll be a good day. I need all the fruit and veges I can get - need some serious brainpower for the weekend when I'll be starting and finishing an assignment that is due next week.

Reet
Likes
Lifestyle changes

No comments: