Sunday, November 28, 2010

I am of it...

Years ago I recognized my kinship with all living things, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on the earth. I said then and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it; while there is a criminal element, I am of it; while there is a soul in prison, I am not free. 
Eugene V. Debs


I love that quote....I just wish good ol' Eugene didn't stop there....I wish he kept writing to include so many more...like...


While there are the forgotten, the hated, the neglected, the unloved. 
While there are the physically and mentally abused.
While there are the cheated, the betrayed, the forgotten, the castaways.
While there are the kids taken from Cyfs, the teens thrown out or run away from home.
While there are the teen pregnancies, the teen abortions.
While there are the eating disorders and the self harmers.
While there are the drug addicts and alcoholics.
While there are the terminally ill.
While there are the street kids and gangs.
While there are the refugees, prostitutes and strippers.
While there are the burglars, thieves and rapists.
While there are the blind, deaf, crippled and deformed.
While there there the forgotten, the hated, the neglected, the unloved.
I am THERE, I am relating to THEM, I'm putting my needs second to them, I am LOVING them.
While there is the unloved...I can love, because I am loved - unconditionally. 


At some point we all fail to love unconditionally, if someone betrays us, we can react without love, if someone lies, cheats, uses, abuses, ignores, rejects, backstabs, gossips, acts different, looks different to us or to what we are comfortable with, we might love...but not unconditionally.


Love those words of the hosanna song...


Heal my heart and make it clean;
OPEN UP MY EYES TO THE THINGS UNSEEN,
SHOW ME HOW TO LOVE LIKE YOU, HAVE LOVED ME (<------ unconditional love)
BREAK MY HEART WITH WHAT BREAKS YOURS;
Everything I am for your Kingdoms cause;
As I walk from earth into Eternity.


Praying for that to ring true in my life aye.
Walk the Talk.

No comments: