Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fear or Love


What's it better to be driven by with God?

Fear or Love?

Or doesn't it matter?

I dont know if everyone is the same....but in doing good, I am driven by love for him. When I am tempted to do something not so Jesus like, whether it's a thought, a action, a re-action, something you dont do when you should, whatever....the thing which stops me doing it, is by fear of what God may do. Not out of love. Most of the time anyway.

Also, ever had anything happen, which at the time was so insanely horrible, totally testing/challenging, a real nightmare, tough tough time to live through....but looking back on it now, you see the good in that happening, and how it saved you from a whole lot of other stuff happening and can see how you are stronger or wiser because of it? What if that challenging time doesn't go away though? Like....someone who was in a accident, lost their leg or whatever. Looking back they can see how it may have saved them from making other tragic mistakes in life or taking the 'wrong road in life' and they have learnt that lesson or come out stronger because of it - doesn't mean they can go grow a leg back now though can they? So they are stuck with that their whole life. It'd be so good if you could learn lifes lessons, then when your at that time where you dont need that lesson to remind you every day for the rest of your life to be there, because you are stronger, you are wiser, you are more mature, etc. That when you got to that stage, it went away. I suppose that isn't life though is it, like a woman who has a baby, then learns her lesson, cant very well just have her baby go back into a egg and boy bit again can she. Life.

Also....
Does anyone else look forward to heaven as much as I do? I dont know what to expect with heaven....the line in the song Amazing Grace, always makes me think about it...''When we've been there ten thousand years, bright shining as the Son/Sun(?), we've no less days to sing his praise than when we first begun''. So.....I totally love Jesus...and probably sound like the lamest person in the (christian) world saying this...but TEN THOUSAND YEARS...praising Jesus....wow, I doubt that it'd even be possible for people in heaven to get tired of doing that, but are we gonna be on our harps and singing and bowing to God for eternity? Which, as a Jesus fan I should probably be stoked about....but since I was little, I've always asked God for my 'heavenly reward' to be brushing those lions aye. Ha, I'd be pretty happy keeping those lions looking good, by brushing their fur and manes all eternity long. Maybe have a sneaky ride every now and again, use them as a pillow when it's time for a avo nap in the meadow with the waterfall in the background. :D Scenery in heaven is going to be a winner yea! And i'm pretty excited about a new heavenly body too - I told God (several times) that I'm going to be the one running round heaven in her undies for a few years, stoked with the new heavenly body I've got. :D Looking forward to meeting my Poppa, he died before I was born, supposedly gave his life to the Lord in his last hours. Look forward to seeing my beautiful Uncle Don again, died 12years ago. My Nana x2. My Grandad Chook, he died before I was 1. And for my own piece of mind, I like to think that dogs go there too, so see my 4dogs up there. No cats in heaven though, that'd be crazy and a big mistake on God's part if he allowed them into heaven. ;) But yep, looking forward to heaven. Eternity...how can you even fathom that.

I wander when it will be...the rapture, be super stoked if it came in this lifetime. Love my whanu to go to heaven together, in the rapture, without any of us having to mourn the loss of each other. Supposedly there are signs happening on Earth that it is coming soon, but how long has that been happening for? I think that there are still things I'd like to do on Earth before the rapture, like find love, get married, adopt and/or have some kids. But, I think a trip to heaven for eternity would be a pretty good alternative if it were to happen. The amount of love you'd feel and get 'up' there would probably sass any of the love you'd get from a partner or kids down here anyway. Cant imagine anything being as awesome as what Jesus' love must be like. Imagining a hug with him gets me in tears everytime aye, when I'm needing a dose of love, I picture that in my head. And cos it's in my head, I can be a Jesus hog, so I do, and he's just the right height for my head to nestle into his chest, and he cuddles nice'n tight, not all limp and creepy like some people..AND he doesn't let go. I'm really really looking forward to a real life Jesus hug. You have to wait in line, cos I'm gonna hog him for ages, and you cant push in, cos then I'd just do my secret whistle to 'my' lions that i'll be looking after up there, then you and my lions can wrestle together, while I get my hug on.

Reet
Likes
Jesus Hugs, Lions and Eternal Thinking.

3 comments:

Jess said...

"...he cuddles nice'n tight, not all limp and creepy like some people..."

Hahaha - dude, you're the best.

Also, I heard someone once say that in heaven, we don't HAVE to worship God forever (cos I agree, boring), but that when we get there we will think its so freakin awesomeee that we'll WANT to worship him forever.

And anyway, someone's gotta keep those lions lookin pretty. That's totally a form of worship.

Jess said...

Oh and only people with google accounts can comment on your blog. You should open it up so that anyone can :)

Reetz said...

Ta for the heads up Jesse, have changed it so anyone can comment, didn't even realize. :)