Sunday, November 14, 2010

Poppa Grandad


We had a old guy speak at our church tonight, he spoke about introducing God to children and it not just being about bible stories, etc.

Whenever I talk to or interact with an old man whose really warm and friendly and loving, I want to CLAIM him as my poppa or grandad....tonights guy would be a awesome grandad i bet. :)

I never had a grandad or Poppa. My Poppa (mums dad) died a couple of years before I was born and my Grandad (dads dad) died before I turned 1 of cancer. So I got jipped of having one. I really wish I did and have always wanted to claim me a old man I can call Poppa or Grandad. I remember my principal in Intermediate, I really wanted to claim him as my grandad. He was all grey haired and funny and loving but strict at the same time, and just looked like the cliche grandad.

My Grandad will be in heaven, I'm looking forward to seeing him there and getting to know him. It's expected my Poppa gave his heart to the Lord in his final days, I sure hope so. I've always felt without knowing why that my Poppa would have really changed my life, for the better.....and/or just had a really significant part of my life. He was my lebanese Poppa, all brown and handsome like (in a grandaughter kind of way) and his stories of his life were amazing, he was a truely remarkable man. :)

Yep.

No comments: