Monday, February 23, 2009

Mercy Ships....sunk


So, yesturday I got the news that the 2months that I was dreaming/planning on spending on the amazing Mercy Ships end of this year, are the two months in the year where it doesn't do any of it's amazing work in a part of Africa - instead it is parked up in a dock in Canary Islands for restocking/cleaning, etc. WHICH means I wont be able to go on Mercy Ships for three whole years, till after I graduate.

This is a mufussa sized deal for me, because one of the reasons I've started a Early Childcare Education degree this year, is so i CAN do this kinda work - so this Mercy Ships thing was the hugest motivation for me, the biggest inspiration, kinda felt like I could sass anything the degree threw at me - for when I'm up at 5am doing assignments, one thought of being on Mercy Ships helping those beautiful people would be the one thing that would keep me going. I've actually never looked forward to something so much in life -actually. So the earliest I will be able to get on there is the beginning of 2012, which actually seems like forever (and a day) away.

This is my hero (as well as Patch Adams), Don Stephens the founder and president of Mercy Ships - pretty much the man in a huge huge way. Rocks my world.


I actually cant think of a way to emphasize just how badly I wanted to go end of this year. So, I'm looking forward to whatever God has up his sleeve, because I'm resting on the fact he wouldn't rip me of this, and not give me something else equally amazing for what my heart is passionate for.

If you're not sure what Mercy Ships does - go check out http://www.ms-information.org/ . Click on About Us, and first option - What we do. Then again, About Us and down the bottom to Life Changing Stories - thousands of inCREDible ones there. Look em up on Youtube too, awesome awesome videos.

One day.

No comments: