Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Worrying Energy

I find myself worrying now and again - about things which may not even happen! 
Apparently the stats are that 40% of the things we worry about are things that havn't even happened and have no reason to. 20% is about things which have already happened and which we can't do anything about. Not sure about the rest of the stats..

Mine are definitely based around that which COULD happen - but may not.
Trying to keep myself accountable to NOT doing that....it takes up too much mental energy - robs you of full joy that I might otherwise experience if I CHOSE not to worry about what might NEVER happen.

A wise person recently told me, that no matte what comes up in life, you can deal with it when it happens. That God will provide the strength and people and whatever it is we need to get through that time in our lives - so there is really no need to worry about what might never happen - and instead of worrying about it when it does happen - pray about it, talk about it and trust that yea.....God will provide us with what we need to get through it. 

So, I'm attempting to put that into practice. It's not a regular thing, just occasionally my mind decides to think up random things which could happen in the distant or not so distant future, regarding myself and/or the people I love very very much. Remembering, that no matter what life throws at me, life IS temporary, therefore, pain is temporary. Helpful to know that here our days are numbered, but a sweet sweet eternity is waiting.

May as well spend as minimal time as possible on worrying - since not one positive thing (that I can think of) comes from it. Whatever happens....God will provide what we need to get through it...when/if it happens. 

Worry Shmorry.
;)

No comments: