Thursday, August 20, 2009

Colours - Amos Lee



My fave singer - Amos Lee.

Beautiful singer (yep I said the 'B' word). Absoloutely amazing songwriter.

Check him out on youtube, especially some of his podcasts when you get to know his songs, just to get the story behind the lyrics'n songs, love hearing about them, such good reason/feeling/stories behind em.

If I could meet anyone in the world, it'd be Amos, not to be some freako fan being a drooling mess over him.....just to talk. Seriously...from watching his podcasts, would just be good conversation - talking about stories and everything behind the songs....sounds like he's got a real good heart aye, totally modest, doesn't have the 'hollywood ego' that talent seems to do to people. Real genuine straight up guy......well thats what comes across in the podcasts anyway. Anyway, this is one of my faves.....

If your a listener on lyrics like me...and dont just listen with deaf ears (it can be done, listening without actually...listening)...check out his songs 'soul suckers'....and 'freedom'...heck there are heaps....just ask me.
Check Amos out here though. :)



Reet
Likes
Modesty in Talented Ppl

3 comments:

Jess said...

I am the poster child for listening without listening, don't hold it against me sis :)

Pritika said...

I LIKE A LOT THIS AMOS GUY. talking about listening without listening, you know that brooke fraser song called hosea's wife, i listened to that song like how many times and didn't know that hosea's wife was a prostitute till a few weeks ago and now i have a completely flipped appreciation for this song again!

Reetz said...

Oh he's so beautiful aye priti, take a listen to the rest of his stuff. :)
Havn't heard the song by Brooke, will have to check it out :)