Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mrs Rita Cullen




So, it seems I share the same fascination as majority of teenage gurls, towards the movie/book Twilight. Only the days of my teens are prettyyy much long gone, holla-ing at the mid 20's is abit more likely with turning 24 a couple of days ago. Agh.

WHAT is it about Twilight that is so awesome? I mean, its about vampires! I saw the movie first, then read half the book, then watched the movie again (which I now OWN. Yay for Jess and birthdays) and just finished the second half of the book tonight. Such a fan! SUUUUCH a fan!

So, yep, What is it that makes it so awesome?
Wellllll, maybe the fact that Edward is so incredibly smitten by Bella.....she fascinates him, and his desires (to suck her blood) that are stronger than a heroin addiction, he can refrain from them, because his love for her, and how much he cares for her, are enough for him to resist his temptation or natural desires. The fact that he's so protective of her, saving her from harm, rescuing her from terrible situations (in the alley with the creepy men), the fact that he is OBLIVIOUS to other chicks around him giving him the eye, flirting ridicuously with him, and he doesnt even LOOK at them, or give them any look or recognition or anything to intitiate or feed the chick and her flirting, he soley has eyes for Bella, and isn't even .00001% interested in anyone else. He's so intense and attentive towards Bella. Also it might have something to do with the fact that Edward is so strong, not just in strength, but in character!


Agh, I dont even know....I can never explain what I mean when I try to describe a 'Strong' Man....I dont mean, benching 250lbs, or squatting 300lbs at the gym (although that would be ridicuoulsy amazing, I think...although I think my brother does that, the mufussa sized beast that he is). I mean strong in Character..........

Where do gurlz even get their idea though, of what a man 'should' be. And where do guys get their idea of what a chick 'should' be, in a relationship? Do we get our ideas from our parents? Which would make sense for me. Cos if you knew all the men in my family (dad, brother, cousins, uncles, on my dads side anyway) you would soon see they are all solid units, rugged, manly (again i cant describe it) MEN. Dominant.....Ummm...desicive......ummmmm...takes the lead....but at the same time - lovely and gentle, and compassionate and dare I say romantic.

So, as I was talking to a friend about Twilight. Does it just put these fictional characters on a pedistool, and create unhealthy expectations, or 'wants' for a future partner. Unrealistic expectations. I'd hate to think which fictional female character guys would be wishing their future girlfriend would be like. Like me and this friend said/thought, we DEFinitely wouldnt want those expectations put on us, only to let our partners down, failing to meet the characteristics, etc, of the fictional lady character.

It is more though, than just Edward and his awesomeness, to what makes Twilight awesome. The fact there is no swearing and junk in it, no sex scenes or anything like it, makes it so much cooler. I love that. I'm looking fwd to watching the 'behind the scenes' of the movie, but I already know the author of the book is a mormon, so she has the morals of the no sex before marriage, hence the no sex scenes in the movie and no potty mouthed characters. It's still about vampires, but pish. All good! :)

So yep, Edward is awesome, luckily I, and hopefully the rest of the population who digs Twilight can seperate a fictional movie, to reality. Pretty much the hottest thing out, is a dude totally in love with that Jesus dude. :) Holy, is hot. Way hotter than any vampire called Edward (gasp) Cullen. Seriously though. ;) A dude that oozes Jesus? Seriously the man. So if in the 4th movie of Twilight, Edward turns Christian........you miiiiight be hearing about me on BBC news, headlined 'Kiwi woman Rita Oliver takes stalking to a whole new level, Robert Pattinson (edward) triples his security'.

Yerrrrrrrrrrrrp. ;)


8 comments:

Jess said...

You didn't put a "Reetz likes..." at the end of the blog. You're messing with my world!

Suggestions:

Reetz likes unrealistic expectations of men.

I guess its not so catchy huh... ;)

Reetz said...

haha, def not so catchy. I did write one, it only said

Reet
Likes
Twilight

Edward and his unrealistic ways didn't make the cut, for the final lines of this post. IF he was reality, it would have DEFinitely been.

Reet
Likes
That she's marrying Edward cullen tomorrow and having vampire babies.

yep.

kat who comments on your blog said...

I'm a Jacob fan myself.. he totally gets more awesome in the next books!!! Must must read!

Reetz said...

Agh, I know, I saw the cover for New Moon, which is out November 19th, and Bella's all in betWEEN jacob (who def doesn't look like a 14year old boy anymore) and Edward. Whatsss going onnn? I'm getting the 2nd book from Samantha over the weekend, cant wait :) Jacob was a cutie definitly though. :)

kat who comments on your blog said...

I refuse to watch the movies so have no idea what he looks like - but that is fine by me.
Imagination = Awesome

cam4long said...

I still cant believe you like the book/movie reetz...Tim and I were talking about it today. I think the message of the movie, Edwards virtually animal attraction towards the chick and him having to fight against that and his intense desire to be with her and protect her is sooo unrealistic and while an older girl like you can seemingly separate the desire to have someone want you like Edward wants that girl younger girls the world over dont seem to be able to. Very dangerous in my opinion because on so many counts the movie is clean but the underlying message is so wrong. The dreams she has about him and the longing she has to be with him are really unhealthy too. If I had girls I could not condone them watching or reading this story.

Reetz said...

Not that I'm trying to defend it, esp with saying you and Tim talked about it - but ....Edwards attraction to her, is not wanting to rip her clothes off and DO her like majority of films these days - yep he does have an animal attraction for her, cos he is an animal, a vampire, whose attraction is only for her blood - so not him not being realistic, couldnt be more true, because it is fiction, and he is a vampire, so im not sure its to be taken as reality anyway. She only has the one dream that I can remember, of him being in the room - a hallucination. It didn't show her dreaming Edward doing a strip show or them having a good romp somewhere ya know. I dunno, pulling a unhealthy message from looking too much into it can be done I guess, but I think security is something alot of chicks want in a dude, but I dont think they are going to place those expectations onto a guy they might like - I think gurlz will see they wont be flying piggy back through bushes at superman speeds, and their man pushing a car away with his bare hand, that might run them over. It's just a movie, all gurls gush and gaa over any man in a romance who woos a chick - but we dont go round putting those expectations on dudes, or no dude would ever meet the standards - men in movies are always unrealistic when there is any remote sense of romance - every gurl knows they'll never get a man that has those type of things. Like richard gere in pretty woman - beeping all down the street, tracking down where she lives, then driving to her house in a limo, standing through the sun roof with a boquet of flowers, then climbing the truckload of stairs even though he hates heights and proposing pretty much. Realistic, i think not, but we still watch. Never been kissed, the dude, totally humiliated by the press and school, yet still manages to run onto the softball pitch in the nick of time in front of cameras and the school to kiss her for the first time. Realistic, no, but we still watch. 50 First dates - a guy who does ALL that Adam sandler does, realistic, NO way, but we still watch. Just a movie, fun for gurls, no harm in it. We just appreciate the characteristics directors place on the dudes in romances, nothing more than that. :)

tim said...

ruthless........bring a brother into it