Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Tomorrow, Today....

Fitting words of Mr Kanye West...



They say people in your life for seasons
And anything that happen is for a reason
And niggas gun-clappin' and keep to squeezin'
And gran' keep prayin' and keep believin'
In Jesus, and one day that she'll see him
Till then in walk his footsteps and try to be him,
The devil is alive, I feel him breathin'
Claimin' money is the key, so keep on dreamin'
And put them lottery tickets just to tease us
My Aunt Pam can't put them cigarettes down,
So now my lil' cousin smokin' them cigarettes now
His job try to claim that he too niggaish now
Is it cuz his skin blacker than licorice now?
I can't figure it out, sick of it now..



Chorus:
And I heard 'em say, nothin's ever promised tomorrow, today
And I heard 'em say, nothin's ever promised tomorrow today
But we'll find a way
And nothin' lasts forever, but be honest babe
Hurts, but it might be the only way

With every worthless word we get more far away
And nothin's ever promised tomorrow, today
And nothin lasts forever, but be honest, babe
Hurts, but it may be the only way..

No comments: